On January 12, 2017, the Board welcomed students from Jesse D. Lay Elementary School to lead the Pledge of Allegiance.
Additional photos of the kindergarten students are available in the KCPS Photo Gallery.
Action item highlights from the meeting:
- Elected Charles Merida as chairman and Gordon Hinkle as vice chairman.
- Set meeting dates for 2017 and January 2018 (available here).
- Heard updates on the district’s strategic plan and approved the comprehensive improvement plan for 2017.
- Approved two year reciprocal agreements for 2017 through 2019 with neighboring school districts. The agreement calls for a maximum of 370 students with Barbourville Independent, 387 in 2017-18 and 370 in 2018-19 with Corbin Independent, and any/all with other districts.
- Approved readings of several policies and procedures including hiring of substitute employees, early enrollment of kindergarten students, electronic W-2 wage summaries, jury duty reporting, and leave affidavits.
- Approved a memorandum of agreement with KEDC for Project Link: Innovative Approaches to Literacy initiative.
- Reviewed staffing policy and draft budget for 2017-2018.
- Accepted settlement agreement with former athletic director and Hometown Bank, which yielded $5,372.82 to the Knox Central High School Cross Country Team Activity Account.
Official minutes of the January 12, 2017 meeting will be approved at the February meeting.
Posted on January 14, 2017