Carleton College offers six summer programs (pre-college experiences) to high-achieving high schools students to allow them to see what life is like- both academically and personally- in college.
For the summer of 2016 they are offering these three week programs:
· Language and Global Issues Summer Institute July 3-22
· Summer Writing Program July 10-29
· Summer Quantitative Reasoning Institute July 10-29
· Carleton Summer Science Institute July 10-29, July 17-August 5
· Summer Computer Science Institute July 17- August 5
· Summer Humanities Institute July 24-August 12
Their programs are taught by Carleton faculty and designed to give each individual student a unique experience rooted in personal and academic growth. A research component is integrated throughout each of our programs, giving students experience working on a team and presenting to the Carleton Community. For participating in our programs, students have the opportunity to earn 6 Carleton College credits.
Scholarships are available. Please see your GEAR UP Academic Specialist, Mrs. Tonya Allen at Knox Central or Mrs. Kayla King at Lynn Camp for details and information regarding transportation. Applications for scholarship were due March 28th, but the Deadline has been extended to May 12th..
Students can apply on the website- http://apps.carleton.edu/summer/ but please let your GEAR UP Academic Specialist know that you have applied.