The annual Knox County Art Show is now accepting entries for their awards presentation to be held in March.
The event is sponsored by the GFWC KY Barbourville Junior Woman’s Study Club and the GFWC KY Barbourville Woman’s Study Club with support from the Knox County Family Resource Youth Service Centers, First United Methodist Church, and the Knox County Arts Council.
“The Knox County Art Show is being held to highlight the talents of our students,” stated Rita Wood, family resource coordinator at Girdler. “The project is being held during March, which is National Youth Art Month.”
- Elementary (PS-6) schools may submit three (3) entries per grade level.
- Middle schools (7-8) may submit five (5) entries per grade level. New this year is the photography* for middle school students. Each grade may have five art entries in addition to five photography entries.
- High school students may enter one (1) entry in each category, a maximum of 4 per student:
- 1. Drawing – Pencil, ink or charcoal
- 2. Painting – Oil, Watercolors or Acrylic
- 3. Mixed media – Combination of drawing and painting
- 4. Photography – Must be taken by student *
*Photography entries will NOT be considered for Best of Show since this is an art show.
Awards will be given for the Best of Show, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in each grade level/category, honorable mention where applicable, and ribbons and certificates for all participants.
The presentation of awards will be held at the First United Methodist Church on Monday, March 23, at 7:00 pm. A reception will be held after the presentation of awards.
Students should contact their school’s art show representative to enter the contest. School representatives are responsible for bringing the art for his/her school to the First United Methodist Church. Each school may set their own due date for receiving the entries. Representatives for each school are:
- Barbourville Elementary – Courtney Clouse, Cindy Smith
- Barbourville Middle/High School – David Nevels
- Central Elementary – Helena Ledington, April Jones
- Dewitt Elementary – Cyndi Early
- Flat Lick Elementary – Misty Baker, Kendra Doolin
- GR Hampton Elementary – Lori Baker
- Girdler Elementary – Sherri Hammons
- Lay Elementary – Mary Jane Callihan
- Lynn Camp Elementary – Missy May
- Lynn Camp Middle/High School – Megan Langdon
- Knox Central High School – Molly Shields
- Knox County Middle School – Angie Payne
For guidelines including measurements and entry mounting information please download the information packet.