HIGHLIGHTS OF THE FEBRUARY 24, 2020 BOARD MEETING
The February 24, 2020 meeting of the Knox County Board of Education was held at 12:30 pm at the Board of Education Annex building in Barbourville. The meeting was considered special called because of the change in meeting time.
Highlights of Action Items
The Board rescinded action taken in January for the Knox Central Tennis Court Project. After the January meeting, coaches and other interested individuals shared with the Board that they have a need for six tennis courts instead of the approved four with lighting. The Board approved to rescind the prior action and voted to approve a new BG-1 and accept bid packages for six courts and repair to the Lynn Camp tennis courts.
Other items approved:
- FRYSC program continuation grants were approved for 2020-2022.
- School Facilities Fund (SFCC) offer of assistance in the amount of $31,649.
- Tentative SBDM staffing allocations for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Agreed to bid or negotiate for auditing and banking services with current providers.
- Approved a lease agreement with Pitney Bowes for a postage machine.
- Approved the 403b Plan Provider Agreement
Official minutes of the February 24, 2020 meeting will be available once approved at the March meeting.
A copy of the agenda is available as a PDF download.