Updated on February 2, 2022
Knox County Public Schools will be CLOSED to in-person instruction Thursday, February 3, and Friday, February 4, 2022. Students will complete assignments #9 and #10 at home.
On Wednesday, the district assessed current employee absences and known cases of students who have tested positive for COVID-19. The extension of this week’s closure is due to the number of exposures to COVID-19 and the unavailability of substitute employees.
- All staff (unless positive for COVID-19 or quarantined) must report at normal time.
- Knox Appalachian School and Knox County CTC will be on a regular schedule Thursday and Friday.
- Students who need paper-copy packets of assignments may visit their school between 8 am and 3 pm.
- Knox County Academic League Award Ceremony, originally scheduled for Thursday.
- Superintendent Ledford’s Student Ambassador meeting, originally scheduled for Friday.
Knox County Public Schools will be CLOSED to in-person instruction Monday, January 31 through Wednesday, February 2, 2022.
Students will complete assignments #6-8 at home. Teachers will be available for live tutoring and assistance between 8am and 3pm daily, with 11:30-12:30 being a lunch break.
Students who need a paper copy packet or a Chromebook may visit their school or call ahead to ensure it is ready for pickup.
The closure is due to an increase in the number of exposures to COVID-19 and the unavailability of substitute employees.
We will re-assess on Wednesday for the remainder of the week.
Note: Knox Appalachian School and Knox County CTC will be on a regular schedule Monday through Wednesday.