The Knox County Board of Education is seeking parents and community members to serve on it’s Comprehensive District Improvement Planning (CDIP) committee.
CDIP members are responsible for the development of an annual improvement plan that will help the district achieve goals in:
- Closing the Achievement Gap
- Increasing the Graduation Rate (new graduation rate of 98% by 2024)
- College and Career Readiness
- Novice Reduction (schools are expected to reduce novice by 50% by 2020)
The district committee will be meeting in early December and submit the final plan to the Department of Education by the end of the month.
Interested parents and community members who want to serve on the CDIP committee and/or provide input on one or more goals are encouraged to contact Kelly Sprinkles, Superintendent, at email@example.com or the Central Office director that is leading the work for each goal:
- Gap, Charlotte McCoy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proficiency, Amy Bays, email@example.com
- Graduation Rate, Gina Sears, firstname.lastname@example.org
- CCR, Frank Shelton, email@example.com
- Novice Reduction, Stacy Imel, firstname.lastname@example.org