The top twenty six graduating seniors at Knox Central honored the teacher or adult that has made the greatest impact on their life during a ceremony held on May 14th.
The Green Leaf award, coordinated by the school’s Youth Service Center, recognizes honorees for “planting a seed of education in the mind of a young person.”
Each student wrote a speech that was read to their Green Leaf award recipient during the ceremony. Each recipient received a framed award from the student that included a handwritten thank you note.
This year’s Green Leaf award recipients and students are:
- Keith Broughton, presented by students Tyler Gilbert, Dakota Jake Pope, Alysha McDaries, and Michael Maiden.
- Virgena Rhodes, presented by students Samantha Salyer, Danielle Burns, and Rashelle Hubbard.
- Tommy Mills, presented by Bethany Mills
- Sherry Lawson, presented by Jeremy Elliotte
- Darren Mills, presented by Shakira Gregory
- Brittany Smith, presented by Alexis Asher
- Marsha Barrett, presented by Elizabeth Barrett
- Malena Cox, presented by Edith Smith
- Velva Barker, presented by Lori Mills
- Gina Martin, presented by Amanda Lawson
- Samantha Strange, presented by Tabitha Strange
- Molly Shields, presented by students Desirae Bruner and Kimber Gray
- Tony Allen, presented by Jerry Honeycutt
- Mary Ann Stewart, presented by Gilmore Achenjang
- Steve Abner, presented by Lauren Rose
- Brandon Hillard, presented by Johnathan Barger
- Melodie Middleton, presented by Jordan Evans
- Lee Ann Mills, presented by Samarah Brown
- Cloyce Hinkle, presented by Michael Mayo
- Sam Lee, presented by Jimberly Watts
Each Green Leaf award recipient will walk the student that selected them across the stage at graduation.