The Knox County Board of Education conducted their September meeting on Thursday, September 28, at Dewitt Elementary School.
Students and staff recognized during the meeting included:
- Dewitt Elementary kindergarten students led the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Dewitt students demonstrated the seven leadership habits of The Leader in Me, in its third year of implementation at the school.
- G.R. Hampton, Lynn Camp Middle, and Lynn Camp High for having the highest attendance on the statewide high attendance day September 20.
Among the action items approved were:
- Working budget for the current fiscal year.
- Closeout of several building and ground projects with the Kentucky Department of Education.
- Memorandum of agreements with Berea College for the upcoming grant fiscal year.
- Agreement with MASA Medical Transport for employee payroll deduction
The Board also heard updates from Amy Bays on the latest accountability data release and from Superintendent Kelly Sprinkles on his evaluation and strategic plan.
Minutes from the September 28 meeting will be approved at the Board’s October monthly meeting scheduled for Thursday, October 26, 6:30pm, at the Board Annex.
A copy of the agenda from the September meeting follows: